Terms and Conditions for Tree Adoptions with the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (RBGE)
- All Tree Adoptions are strictly limited to a
period of 10 years from the date the adoption panel is placed at the base of
- Prior to the end of the 10 year period, you will
be contacted using your last known contact details and given the opportunity to
purchase a new commemoration at RBGE’s extantprice for the scheme. If you
would like to purchase a new commemoration at the end of the 10 year term,
please keep the Fundraising team updated with any change to your address, phone
number or email address; their contact details can be found on the Contact Us page.
- All Tree Adoption panels remain the property of
- Should the panel become damaged, RBGE will take
all reasonable actions to arrange for a replacement. A maximum of one
replacement is permitted in the ten year period. Additional costs may be
incurred by the donor should further replacements be required or requested.
- Cleaning of the panels will occasionally be
undertaken by RBGE. Visitors are not permitted to clean their panel without
prior permission from the Fundraising team.
- Should RBGE’s Arboretum team advise that the tree should be removed due to plant health, garden development or safety concerns, the donor will be contacted with a view to agreeing another tree for the remainder of the adoption period and RBGE will cover the costs of the new adoption panel.
- No externally sourced plant material is allowed on-site, therefore
floral tributes are not permitted in the Garden. All such plant material will
immediately be removed and destroyed.
- RBGE reserves the right to change the terms and
conditions. An updated copy will be sent to you should any changes occur.